Is Chiropractic Care an Effective Headache Treatment?
Headaches are hands-down the most common nervous system disorder worldwide.
Remember that the brain, spine, and musculoskeletal system are all intricately connected. Inflammation, pressure, or damage in one part of the spine might trigger headaches – or even chronic migraines.
Fortunately, you do have non-invasive and drug-free headache treatment options that target the causes at their sources instead of chasing symptoms.
What Causes Headaches?
The World Health Organization estimates that about half of the global population suffered a headache at some point within the last year.
An estimated 18 percent of Americans suffer from headaches every month while another 10 percent face this pain every week. Moreover, 3 percent experience daily headaches.
This means that more than a third of the entire U.S. population suffers poor quality of life due to the pain from headaches and migraines. Ouch. Hudson, Wisconsin moms can surely relate.
What’s causing your headache? It’s hard to figure that out unless you see a chiropractor for an evaluation because scientists have identified over 300 different factors that trigger headaches.
- Vertebral Subluxation: A misalignment of the spinal column due to injury, trauma, posture, stress, or a number of other factors.
- Cervicogenic: Caused by inflammation, pressure, misuse, or injury to the cervical spine (neck).
- Tension: The most common type of headache, often caused by chronic stress or inability to relax.
- Migraine: The most debilitating type of headache, often caused by hormones or environmental factors.
- Cluster: A rare type of headache characterized by short yet severe recurring pain behind the eyes.
- Medication Overuse: Chronic headaches that stem from overusing OTC and prescription drugs to treat headaches.
- Post-Traumatic: Headaches that stem from previous injuries like whiplash or other spinal damage.
Is Chiropractic Care an Effective Headache Treatment for Patients in Hudson, Wisconsin?
If you suffer from chronic or recurring headaches, it’s important to find a drug-free treatment option.
It’s very easy to keep popping a few OTC anti-inflammatories every time a headache surfaces, only to find yourself facing an intense bout of medication overuse headaches a few months down the road.
Fortunately, chiropractic care offers a non-invasive and drug-free headache treatment.
Studies show that chiropractic manipulation is particularly effective for treating headaches – especially migraines and cervicogenic headaches. In fact, studies routinely indicate that chiropractic care can reduce symptoms of headaches and migraines.
Your chiropractor will ask questions about your symptoms, past injuries, and medical history before developing a customized plan to target your headaches at their source.
Dr. Carolyn Wanken has nearly 20 years of experience treating patients in the Hudson, Wisconsin area. Call Hope Chiropractic today at (715) 381-1800 to schedule an appointment and get on the path to a life free from headache pain.