7 Painful Consequences of Not Receiving Whiplash Treatment
If you were recently rear-ended in Hudson, Wisconsin and feel fine, whiplash treatment is probably the last thing you’re thinking about.
Dealing with insurance is a hassle and no one wants to be without a vehicle. Still, it’s important to see a chiropractor to ensure you didn’t suffer whiplash.
Otherwise, the painful consequences can creep up on you – even months or years down the road.
Initial Symptoms of Whiplash
Symptoms of whiplash can be physical or neurological. They may come on instantly and can range from mild to severe.
- Neck stiffness or pain
- Pain upon moving or rotating your neck
- Poor neck mobility
- Headaches – most commonly at the base of your skull
- Pain, numbness, or tingling in your shoulders or arms
- Dizziness or nausea
- Memory problems
- Trouble concentrating
- Blurred vision
- Depression or irritability
Whiplash is a serious spinal injury. Even if your symptoms are mild or subside after a short time, you should still see a chiropractor to avoid long-term discomfort.
7 Painful Consequences of Not Receiving Proper Whiplash Treatment
Whiplash is the most common injury associated with auto accidents. Despite its prevalence, many people who don’t notice any immediate symptoms avoid seeing their chiropractor for an evaluation.
In fact, 43% of patients will suffer long-term complications from untreated whiplash.
- Chronic Pain: You might feel fine shortly after the accident, but studies show that chronic pain often stems from untreated whiplash from an auto accident.
- Tinnitus: Whiplash can lead to neurological problems including tinnitus which is characterized by a persistent ringing in the ear.
- Tension Headaches: Damage to your delicate cervical spine can lead to chronic tension headaches and nerve damage.
- Dizziness and Vertigo: These are some of the more severe neurological complications from untreated whiplash which can drastically impact quality of life and cause persistent nausea.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Damage to your vertebrae from untreated whiplash resulting in chronic back and neck pain.
- Anxiety: Added stress and irritability from chronic pain, tinnitus, headaches, and vertigo.
- Insomnia: Poor sleep quality or inability to sleep from any of the above conditions.
Why Choose Chiropractic Care for Whiplash in Hudson, Wisconsin?
Chiropractic care is an excellent drug-free and affordable whiplash treatment. One study showed that a staggering 93 percent of patients saw an improvement of whiplash symptoms following chiropractic adjustments.
If you were recently in an auto accident, contact Hope Chiropractic today at (715) 381-1800 to schedule an appointment. Dr. Carolyn Wanken and her team have years of experience optimizing the health of patients in Hudson, Wisconsin.